We just adore classic French Chateau style home interiors. Take a look at our edit of beautiful French interior design inspiration. Enjoy and don’t forget to comment below to let us know what you think!
Beautiful paneling and parquet de Versailles
Wrought iron railings and a marble slab: create this charming French table
Chateau chic bedroom
Stone floor tiles and washed cabinet…and look at those light fittings!
French chateau style bathroom: Cast iron baths, elaborate lighting and an ornate washbasin
French Chateau style doors: make a grand entrance
Ornate wood panelling and wooden floors
Heavy brocade drapes add a touch of French chateaux opulence
Grand French mirrors, ornate decor, sumptuous lighting
Forget teddy bear and chocolates. Be original, buy original, and say I love you with an original art piece from Saatchi Art online. Here is a selection of great Valentine’s Day gift ideas for those that deserve something unique…
…Alphabet Lifestyle Top Tip: SAVE 10% on originals and prints for Valentine’s Day Use code Valentine10 at checkout.
The grand Clarence Whitman Mansion in Upper East Side, New York, has recently been listed for $50 million! Built in 1898 by noted architectural firm Parish & Schroeder, the impressive property retains many of its original turn-of-the-century details. Located within walking distance of the famous Fifth Avenue in one of Manhattan’s most exclusive addresses, the mansion has 9 bedrooms, 5.4 bathrooms and 14,000 sq. ft. Would you pay $50 million for this property?!
Update your home with autumn colours. Choose shades of gold, red and orange, add rich chocolate-brown and compliment with cool colours such as blues, purples and greens. Use autumn displays to create a big impact and warm up rooms with layers of earthy tones.
Transform an outdoor space into an exotic retreat. Whether it’s a courtyard, a patio area or a balcony, we have some great ideas
Use forged iron furniture, mixed with dark wooden tables to create an ethnic charm. The carved low level table adds authenticity to this setting
2. Create a bohemian feel with a splash of Moroccan flavour. Add jewels, use striking colours and add dazzle with sparkling glass and lanterns. Add interest with mosaic tiles.
3. Use rich colours and exotic fabrics to create a luxurious ambience
4. Mix vintage with modern. This daybed piled high with natural textures adds a modern feel to this outdoor retreat
5. Use colour to make a statement. Don’t be afraid to paint a wall with a striking colour. Bold colours will reflect the natural sunlight creating a stimulating courtyard.
6. Plant an abundance of succulents, evergreen shrubs and bouganville. To create an interest, group plants together en masse and pay attention to the design and beauty of the pots, as well as the planting.
7. Don’t forget to create a shaded area! In hot climates it is often more comfortable to place the seating areas in the shade.
8. Add a fire pit for cooler evenings
8. Keep things simple for a super stylish retreat
Or indulge your passion and create an exotic outdoor heaven!
Let us know what you think. Please share/follow if you like.
Continuing with my obsession with all things black and white, check out these awesome images of the home of Danish author, Annika Von Holdt. Stunningly simple. You can see more on her Instagram Feed @annikavonholdt
Create a sophisticated space using a simple black and white palette. Using white as a background, go bold with black accessories. Think graphic patterns, huge statement pieces of art and individual pieces of furniture.
Black and white will always look chic and timeless. The simplicity of design will give any interior an instantly elegant touch.It’s the easiest formula to put together. It really is hard to get this look wrong.
When you feel ready for a change, just add a little bit of colour to the mix since black and white will go with absolutely anything. Add a pastel throw and delicate fabrics or make a staement with a dramatic splash ofcolour. Just try it.
We have collected a gallery of some of our favourite photos to highlight this sophisticated formula.