Update your home with autumn colours. Choose shades of gold, red and orange, add rich chocolate-brown and compliment with cool colours such as blues, purples and greens. Use autumn displays to create a big impact and warm up rooms with layers of earthy tones.
Transform an outdoor space into an exotic retreat. Whether it’s a courtyard, a patio area or a balcony, we have some great ideas
Use forged iron furniture, mixed with dark wooden tables to create an ethnic charm. The carved low level table adds authenticity to this setting
2. Create a bohemian feel with a splash of Moroccan flavour. Add jewels, use striking colours and add dazzle with sparkling glass and lanterns. Add interest with mosaic tiles.
3. Use rich colours and exotic fabrics to create a luxurious ambience
4. Mix vintage with modern. This daybed piled high with natural textures adds a modern feel to this outdoor retreat
5. Use colour to make a statement. Don’t be afraid to paint a wall with a striking colour. Bold colours will reflect the natural sunlight creating a stimulating courtyard.
6. Plant an abundance of succulents, evergreen shrubs and bouganville. To create an interest, group plants together en masse and pay attention to the design and beauty of the pots, as well as the planting.
7. Don’t forget to create a shaded area! In hot climates it is often more comfortable to place the seating areas in the shade.
8. Add a fire pit for cooler evenings
8. Keep things simple for a super stylish retreat
Or indulge your passion and create an exotic outdoor heaven!
Let us know what you think. Please share/follow if you like.
Continuing with my obsession with all things black and white, check out these awesome images of the home of Danish author, Annika Von Holdt. Stunningly simple. You can see more on her Instagram Feed @annikavonholdt
Whether you’re creating an office environment in a small nook or you have the luxury of having an entire room, Be Creative. Source original furnishings for maximum impact. Industrial shelving works well in this space against the bare brick walls. Don’t be afraid to add green plants, stylish shelving, comfy chairs and vintage boxes for storage.
Introduce overhead lighting if natural lighting isn’t an option. Consider angled floor lights that don’t steal desktop space. Personal your space with family photographs and personal artifacts to create a homely environment.
Set a desk under a window to take advantage of natural light. Keep the space neat and tidy. Use white furnishings to reflect light and keep the space airy.
Or set a desk against a wall, add stylish shelving to help organise paperwork, a mood board for inspiration, a few personal items that make you smile and you instantly have a functional home office environment.
A rustic white scheme creates a stylish and serene retreat. White can be a simple base for a calming bedroom design. Try incorporating several textures and subtle tones. The panelled wall in this bedroom adds natural wood textures and the simple white linen soften the look preventing the look from feeling stark. An all-white bedroom can be surprisingly easy to achieve. Use mirrors and reflective surfaces to bounce the light back into the room. Keep the finishing details pristine and pay attention to details. For a vintage feel try adding old to new, a rustic chair or a shabby mirror.
Heavy textures such as woolen throws and rugs will add warmth and light textures such as silks and voile’s will add a romantic feel. Layer textures, add cushions and statement pieces. white doesn’t have to mean boring!
Personally, i love the idea that a bedroom is a place to escape without distraction – A peaceful haven.